Monday, March 19, 2012

To ski or work?

I was surprised to see a few inches of snow on the ground this morning, as I woke up to get ready for work. The ski report showed that our local mountain, Beaver, had only received 6'' of new. In a normal year this wouldn't be enough to tempt me to skip out on work, but things have been different this season with the lack of snow. I almost made a few phone calls to get out of work, but in the end decided not to.

http://www.snowbird.com/birdsnest/
If I lived down closer to the Cottonwoods, I wouldn't have had any dilemma whatsoever of wether to ski or work. The decision would have been easy, skip work go ski. The snowcam at the Bird showed about 15'' of new, and that was on top of everything that had fallen the past two days. Every spring they always seem to get dumped on. Anyways, the snowy commute to work made me think of JP Auclair's Street Segment in "All I Can" from Sherpas Cinemas. The work or ski dilemma would not be as big of a problem if you could ski to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment