Friday, January 27, 2012

The Things We Learn

Anyone that really knows me could tell you that I am not much of a student. During my years in college I would put forth the bare minimum to get by. Attending class was an inconvenience and studying took up too much free time. On occasion I would work hard, usually the night before a final or a test.  Fortunately, I found an easy major (parks and recreation) that complemented my study habits. During fall semesters I missed a lot of afternoon and evening classes to go mountain biking. Campus was right at the mouth of the canyon, and you could access great single track in less than five minutes. I sometimes felt guilty for missing so much class and for putting school on the back burner. But in hindsight, I don't regret it one bit. The memories of epic rides with good friends is far more lasting than that of lectures or reading textbooks. Plus, you can learn important things from mountain biking. Watch this short film to see what they are.


10 Things I have learned about Mountainbiking from Filme von Draussen on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment